Strength

Dearly Beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. It’s the end of the year – yaaaaaaay. As the year draws to the end and we look forward to some days of rest (hopefully), I can understand that there also seems to be a million and one things to do … and we need strength for them. We thank God because He can provide us with the strength we need to get things done. We know that people get tired, fatigued, exhausted, discouraged and worn out, but as we look to God and wait on Him, He gives us fresh strength and grace. In fact, it is in our weaknesses, that His power is even more effective. Paul therefore took pleasure in hardships and troubles because his weakness in human flesh means greater strength and empowerment from Christ. Hallelujah. Enjoy this last month of the year 2022.

 

Scriptural References

“For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are – yet He did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” Hebrews 4v15-16 (NIV)

 

“But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me! So for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in infirmities, insults, hardships, persecutions, perplexities and distresses; for when I am weak [in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful in divine strength).” 2 Corinthians 12v9-10 (AMPC)

 

Prayer

Father, we love You so much and run to Your throne of grace for strength and power. We declare our every weakness and rejoice in it, seeking for the strength and power of Christ to pitch a tent over us. Thank You so much Father, Son and Holy Spirit in Jesus name, amen.

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts