Consider Him

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Hebrews 3v10 (KJV) says “Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.” If we look at the Amplified Version, we see a very interesting choice of words that make more explicit what this verse is saying “ And so I was provoked (displeased and sorely grieved) with that generation, and said, They always err and are led astray in their hearts, and they have not perceived or recognized My ways  and become progressively better and more experimentally and intimately acquainted with them” (underlining added for emphasis). Beloved, God here is saying He was displeased with the children of Israel because they had not known His ways.

Do you take time to perceive what God is doing and to recognize His ways? Are you getting progressively better at knowing the ways of God? Are you being experimental about knowing God’s ways more? For instance you observe that God likes this, but when you did something this other way, He wasn’t pleased? Are you becoming more intimately acquainted with His ways? It is so possible to do this and it is expected of us to do it. Ecclesiastes 7v13 (KJV) for example says “Consider the work of God, for who can make that straight, which he hath made crooked?”

Like Paul, let us desire to know God more and become more acquainted with His ways. Can we make the following declaration then from Philippians 3v10-12 (AMP):

Declaration
“[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope] That if possible I may attain to the [spiritual and moral] resurrection [that lifts me] out from among the dead [even while in the body]. Not that I have now attained [this ideal], or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of (grasp) and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus (the Messiah) has laid hold of me and made me His own.”

Comments

Popular Posts