His Way

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. I heard a message earlier this year that I really liked. It alluded to doing things God’s way this year. We know from Scripture that “There is a way which seems right to a man and appears straight before him, but at the end of it is the way of death” (AMPC).

In Psalm 25, the Psalmist prays “Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths” (NIV). The Living Bible puts it this way “Show me the path where I should go, O Lord; point out the right road for me to walk”, while the Message says “Show me how you work, God; School me in your ways.” Some synonyms of show include demonstrate, illustrate, explain, give you an idea about; while those of teach are educate, tutor, school, lecture, instruct, edify, coach, and train.

God wants to show us His way. John 10v11, the Lord calls Himself the Good Shepherd, and we know a Shepherd leads His flock. In Psalm 32v8 (TLB) we are told “ I will instruct you (says the Lord) and guide you along the best pathway for your life; I will advise you and watch your progress.” But we are instructed “Don’t be like a senseless horse or mule that has to have a bit in its mouth to keep it in line!” The question for us then is are we open to the leading of the Lord?

Prayer
Father, we thank You for this day You have made. We thank You for Your way, which is much better and higher than ours. We know that the foolish thing that proceeds from God is much wiser than the wisest thing that man can give. Father, we thank You for Your Word and Your Spirit. We are open to Your leading and direction in Jesus name, amen.




Comments

Popular Posts