Be Encouraged

 Dearly Beloved. I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. In Philippians 2:19 (AMPC), Paul writes, “But I hope and trust in the Lord Jesus soon to send Timothy to you, so that I may also be encouraged and cheered by learning news of you.” As believers, we need encouragement. One reason is because we are in the world, and while in the world, we will encounter trials, difficulties, hard times etc. God however has made room for us to be constantly encouraged. John 16:33 (AMPC) says “I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]” Hallelujah.

 

We are encouraged through the Word of God – the Word of life which gives comfort, hope, courage, instruction etc. Hallelujah. We are encouraged by the Spirit of God. Jesus said in John 16:5-7 (AMPC) “But now I am going to Him Who sent Me, yet none of you asks Me, Where are You going? But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your hearts [taken complete possession of them]. However, I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say it is profitable (good, expedient, advantageous) for you that I go away. Because if I do not go away, the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you [into close fellowship with you]; but if I go away, I will send Him to you [to be in close fellowship with you].” Hallelujah. Child of God, are you in need of encouragement? Dig into the Word of God, fellowship with the Holy Spirit. Remember, God cares for you and He is with you.

Prayer

Father, we thank You for today. Thank You for being with us always and for encouraging us. We thank You for Your Word of life. We thank You for Your Holy Spirit. We rest in You O Lord and receive of Your encouragement and love. Blessed be Your holy name forevermore, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts