Hold Onto God


Hello everyone,

How are you doing today? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“So you see, the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials, even while keeping the wicked under punishment until the day of final judgment.” 2 Peter 2v9 (NLT)

“Now if [all these things are true, then be sure] the Lord knows how to rescue the godly out of temptations and trials, and how to keep the ungodly under chastisement until the day of judgment and doom,” 2 Peter 2v9 (AMP)

“So God knows how to rescue the godly from evil trials. And He knows how to hold the feet of the wicked to the fire until Judgment Day.” 2 Peter 2v9 (MSG)

Psalm 73 (see below) speaks of the Psalmist, and a time when he began to compare himself with those who were doing wrong. It seemed as though they had no troubles, or problems, they were proud, pampered, overfed, boasted against heaven… really not considering God. And then he began to ask himself such questions as “Did I keep my heart pure for nothing? Did I keep myself innocent for no reason? I get nothing but trouble all day long; every morning brings me pain.” (Psalm 73v13-14, NLT). It was when he went to the house of the Lord that he gained understanding.

Beloved, are you beginning to look around and think, is it worth it to serve God, and follow His ways? Are you beginning to think like scoffers that Jesus still hasn’t come after all this time? Is “Egypt” beginning to look more attractive to you? Beloved, take heed. You might have some trouble, some pain, but has God ever ceased to be faithful to you? Has He ever forsaken you? Can anything compare to the love, joy, peace, and fellowship you have with Him? Please do not envy ungodly and wicked people. The wicked have no peace (Isaiah 48v22), and if they do not repent and turn to the Lord, you do not want to be in their shoes for all eternity!

Supplementary Text
“And He said, This is why I told you that no one can come to Me unless it is granted him [unless he is enabled to do so] by the Father. After this, many of His disciples drew back (returned to their old associations and no longer accompanied Him. Jesus said to the Twelve, Will you also go away? [And do you too desire to leave Me?] Simon Peter answered, Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words (the message) of eternal life.” John 6v65-68 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, I thank You so much for Your Word and Your goodness towards me. Father, please forgive every foolishness and ignorance in me that has made me compare my life to the ungodly and those who scoff at You. Please remove any bitterness I might be harboring towards You. Thank You for I am still with You and You hold me by my right hand, and guide me with Your counsel and lead me to a glorious destiny. Indeed, there is none I have in heaven but You and no one I desire on earth besides You. I love You Lord, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Text: Psalm 73 (quite long though)
Truly God is good to Israel,
to those whose hearts are pure. But as for me, I almost lost my footing.
My feet were slipping, and I was almost gone. For I envied the proud
when I saw them prosper despite their wickedness. They seem to live such painless lives;
their bodies are so healthy and strong. They don’t have troubles like other people; they’re not plagued with problems like everyone else. They wear pride like a jeweled necklace
 and clothe themselves with cruelty. These fat cats have everything their hearts could ever wish for! They scoff and speak only evil; in their pride they seek to crush others. They boast against the very heavens, and their words strut throughout the earth. And so the people are dismayed and confused,
drinking in all their words. “What does God know?” they ask.
“Does the Most High even know what’s happening?” Look at these wicked people —
enjoying a life of ease while their riches multiply. Did I keep my heart pure for nothing?
Did I keep myself innocent for no reason? I get nothing but trouble all day long;
 every morning brings me pain. If I had really spoken this way to others, I would have been a traitor to your people. So I tried to understand why the wicked prosper. But what a difficult task it is! Then I went into your sanctuary, O God,
and I finally understood the destiny of the wicked. Truly, you put them on a slippery path and send them sliding over the cliff to destruction. In an instant they are destroyed,
completely swept away by terrors. When you arise, O Lord, you will laugh at their silly ideas
 as a person laughs at dreams in the morning. Then I realized that my heart was bitter,
and I was all torn up inside. I was so foolish and ignorant —
 I must have seemed like a senseless animal to you. Yet I still belong to you;
 you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. Whom have I in heaven but you?
I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,
 but God remains the strength of my heart;
 He is mine forever. Those who desert Him will perish, for you destroy those who abandon you. But as for me, how good it is to be near God!
 I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do.

Comments

Popular Posts