Knowing Christ

Dearly Beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. We will be considering Philippians 3v8, over the next few days. Here is the verse in different translations:

 

King James Version (KJV): Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

 

Classic Amplified Version (AMPC): “Yes, furthermore, I count everything as loss compared to the possession of the priceless privilege (the overwhelming preciousness, the surpassing worth, and supreme advantage) of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord and of progressively becoming more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him [of perceiving and recognizing and understanding Him more fully and clearly]. For His sake I have lost everything and consider it all to be mere rubbish (refuse, dregs), in order that I may win (gain) Christ (the Anointed One),”.

 

The Living Bible (TLB): Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have put aside all else, counting it worth less than nothing, in order that I can have Christ,

 

The Passion Translation (TPT):To truly know him meant letting go of everything from my past and throwing all my boasting on the garbage heap. It’s all like a pile of manure to me now, so that I may be enriched in the reality of knowing Jesus Christ and embrace him as Lord in all of his greatness.

 

The Message (MSG): Yes, all the things I once thought were so important are gone from my life. Compared to the high privilege of knowing Christ Jesus as my Master, firsthand, everything I once thought I had going for me is insignificant—dog dung. I’ve dumped it all in the trash so that I could embrace Christ and be embraced by him.

 

Prayer

Father, we thank You so much for this day. We thank You for high privilege of knowing Christ Jesus and being continuously acquainted with Him. May we never take this priviledge for granted o God, in Jesus name, amen.

www.beeencouraged.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular Posts