Our Gains (1)

Dearly Beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. Child of God, what do you consider as a gain to you? Gains can be looked at as things that are profitable, advantageous, of benefit to us. Different people consider different things as advantageous to them – wealth, family, physical attributes, race e.t.c. How does the Lord God Almighty measure what is of gain? What is good news for you? Paul notes that everything he had as a gain, for Christ he has come to consider them as loss.

 

In Philippians 3v3-7 (AMPC), he notes that “For we [Christians] are the true circumcision, who worship God in spirit and by the Spirit of God and exult and glory and pride ourselves in Jesus Christ, and put no confidence or dependence [on what we are] in the flesh and on outward privileges and physical advantages and external appearances Though for myself I have [at least grounds] to rely on the flesh. If any other man considers that he has or seems to have reason to rely on the flesh and his physical and outward advantages, I have still more! Circumcised when I was eight days old, of the race of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew [and the son] of Hebrews; as to the observance of the Law I was of [the party of] the Pharisees, As to my zeal, I was a persecutor of the church, and by the Law’s standard of righteousness (supposed justice, uprightness, and right standing with God) I was proven to be blameless and no fault was found with me. But whatever former things I had that might have been gains to me, I have come to consider as [one combined] loss for Christ’s sake. Compared to what we have in Christ, everything else fades away. It is in Him we live, and move, and have our being (Acts 17v28). Peace on earth, good will to all men was the announcement that accompanied Jesus’ birth (Luke 2v14), and His coming was indeed good news for all. We will continue consider how everything else pales in comparison with Jesus.

 

Prayer

Father, we thank You for the life You have given to us. We thank You because through Christ we have a new life in You and it is a great life, having great gains not only in this world but in that which is to come. Blessed be Your holy name forevermore, in Jesus name we pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts