A Study of Psalm 3 (2)

Dearly Beloved. I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. Yesterday, we began a study of Psalm 3. We saw that trouble is a part of life, but the important thing is for we as Christians to remain at peace, and take every trouble and challenge to God, having assurance of victory. Psalm 3v2 says:

 

AMPC: “Many are saying of me, There is no help for him in God. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!” 

The Message:Mobs of them all around me, roaring their mockery: “Hah! No help for him from God!”

NLT:So many are saying, “God will never rescue him!

 

When we are faced with trouble and challenges, you might have people who look to see – now how will you get out of this? Or, God will not help you or rescue you. Again, regardless of what onlookers might say, you must keep your hope in God. Psalm 20v7 (KJV) says “Some nations boast of armies and of weaponry, but our boast is in the Lord our God.” Psalm 147v10-11(NLT) tells us “He takes no pleasure in the strength of a horse or in human might. No, the LORD’s delight is in those who fear him, those who put their hope in his unfailing love.” Even when you are mocked or discouraged by the enemy, know that God, and He alone is your firm foundation, and go to Him. Psalm 27v1-3; 13-14 (AMPC) say “The Lord is my Light and my Salvation – whom shall I fear or dread? The Lord is the Refuge and Stronghold of my life – of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though a host encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me [even then] in this will I be confident… [What, what would have become of me] had I not believed that I would see the Lord’s goodness in the land of the living! Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord.”  Hallelujah. This should be our confession – regardless of what is going on around us. Praise the Lord.

 

Prayer

Father, we thank You for You are our Strength, our Refuge, our Stronghold, our Song, our Everything. You will not fail us and we put our hope in Your unfailing love. Thank You for everything. We are grateful, in Jesus name, amen.


Comments

Popular Posts