Hearkening!


Hello everyone,

How are you doing today? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Because of that experience, we have even greater confidence in the message proclaimed by the prophets. You must pay close attention to what they wrote, for their words are like a lamp shining in a dark place – until the Day dawns, and Christ the Morning Star shines in your hearts.” 2 Peter 1v19 (NLT)

Hebrews 1v1-2 (NIV) says “In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, and through whom also He made the universe.” God is speaking, He has been speaking, and He still speaks. Are you listening? Are you hearkening? God spoke in time past through the prophets, and now He has spoken to us through His Son. Peter here exhorts that we must pay close attention to the words spoken by the prophets. I know most times we avoid them and some of us don’t even know where certain books of the Bible are, but it is time for us to begin to dig deep and read what they wrote. In John 6v63 (NIV) Jesus said “The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you – they are full of the Spirit and life.” We will do well as well to heed to the words that Jesus spoke. In John 12v47-50 (KJV) Jesus said “And if any man hear My words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejecteth Me, and receiveth not My words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of Myself; but the Father which sent Me, He gave Me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that His commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto Me, so I speak.” 

It is a good thing to hear God and to obey Him. It is a good thing to be able to hear God and what He is saying to you, and for your ears to hear a word behind you saying, “… This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left” (Isaiah 30v21). Is this something you desire? We thank God for His Spirit in us and with us (John 14v17) that guides us into all truth (John 16v13), and leads us (Romans 8v14). May we continue to develop a deep sensitivity to the leading of His Spirit, and heed to His leading, in Jesus name, amen.

Supplementary Text
“I, Jesus, have sent My messenger (angel) to you to witness and to give you assurance of these things for the churches (assemblies). I am the Root (the Source) and the Offspring of David, the radiant and brilliant Morning Star.” Revelations 22v16 (AMP)

Prayer
Father we thank You for Your Word this day. Father, please give us Your heart, Your heart of love and compassion to see things the way You see them, to ache for things You ache for. Father, give us a heart of willingness and obedience to You. Thank You for this, in Jesus name, amen. [Keep on asking, keep on seeking, keep on knocking, and allow Him to do a good work in your heart].


Comments

Popular Posts