Remembrance


Hello everyone, 
How are you doing today? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have. I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body, because I know that I will soon put it aside, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me. And I will make every effort to see that after my departure you will always be able to remember these things.” 2 Peter 1v12-15 (NIV)

Remembrance is a powerful thing. I don’t know if you have ever read a verse of scripture or a passage and it really ministered to you at that point in time, and then you forgot about it and came across it again, and it seemed like wow, this is good. There are certain things that we might have known at some point but then forgot. Remembrance helps us to recall these things. In these verses of scripture, the apostle Peter is saying, he will remind the brethren of these things, even though they are firm in the truth that they have been taught. Because he says “And it is only right that I should keep on reminding you as long as I live.” (2 Peter 1v13, NLT). Philippians 3v1 (AMP) says “For the rest, my brethren, delight yourselves in the Lord and continue to rejoice that you are in Him. To keep writing to you [over and over] of the same things is not irksome to me, and it is [a precaution] for your safety.” One thing the children of Israel kept doing, was forgetting. Psalm 78v40-42 (KJV) says “How oft did they provoke Him in the wilderness, and grieve Him in the desert! Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel. They remembered not His hand, nor the day when He delivered them from the enemy.” Beloved, it is good to remember our faith, our God, His Word, His truth, and what He has done for us in times past, for when discouragement and trials come, we can remember the years of the right hand of the Lord and all that He is to us. Be encouraged.

Supplementary Text
“Has the Lord rejected me forever? Will He never again be kind to me? Is His unfailing love gone forever? Have His promises permanently failed? Has God forgotten to be gracious? Has He slammed the door on His compassion? Interlude. And I said, “This is my fate; the Most High has turned His hand against me.” But then I recall all you have done, O LORD; I remember Your wonderful deeds of long ago. They are constantly in my thoughts. I cannot stop thinking about Your mighty works.” Psalm 77v7-12 (NLT)

Prayer
… begin to bring to remembrance what you know about God, what you have learnt through the years, and all He has done for you, and His benefits towards you and bless His holy name.


Comments

Popular Posts