Love as Brethren – No Record!


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. The Bible tells us that:

Primary Text
“Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren …” 1 Peter 3v8 (KJV)

Yesterday he or she did this; the day before that, they did this; 2 years ago, they did this and that. Hmmm. 1 Corinthians 13v5 says love “thinketh no evil;” (KJV); “it keeps no record of wrongs” (NIV); “and it keeps no record of being wronged.” (NLT); “it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].” (AMP); “Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others.” (MSG). It’s so easy to keep a record of the wrong doing of others. We’ve heard it said, I will forgive, but I won’t forget! Are you keeping a record of the wrong doing of your husband, wife, children, brethren in the Lord? Are you waiting for that one extra thing they will do that will enable you to be justified to blow up in their face? Matthew 18v21-22 (KJV) says “Then came Peter to Him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I will forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.” It could be tough, but God has shown so much mercy to us. Imagine if you keep building in your heart all the wrong someone has done towards you – it could lead to deeper hurt, bitterness, and hatred. But 1 John 4v7-11 cautions us that:
Supplementary Text
“Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed His love among us: He sent His one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.” 1 John 4v7-11 (NIV)

Father, I thank You for Your love for me. Father, I thank You for You are good and You are love. I want to act as Your child and walk in love as well. Help me Lord. Father, I forgive and release everyone that I have held in unforgiveness – wash away every record of sin and wrong doing with the blood of Jesus. Please search my heart and uproot everything of bitterness in Jesus name, amen. Father, please heal every hurt in my heart and grant me the grace to be a blessing even to those who have hurt me. Holy Spirit of God, I yield to You. Have Your way in my life in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts