Knowing the truth that sets free


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“And hereby do we know that we know Him…” 1 John 2v3 (KJV)

Another reason by which we know that we know God is that we know the truth that sets us free. 1 John 2v21 (KJV) says “I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.” Indeed we know the Truth. Jesus is the Truth. Once Jesus was speaking to His disciples, and the following conversation ensued: “You know the way to the place where I am going.” Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?” Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” John 14v4-6 (NIV). Perhaps you have questions about life – why am I created? Where am I going to? Why are things the way there are? Jesus is the truth. Colossians 1v15-17 (TLB) “Christ is the exact likeness of the unseen God. He existed before God made anything at all, and, in fact, Christ Himself is the Creator who made everything in heaven and earth, the things we can see and the things we can’t; the spirit world with its kings and kingdoms, its rulers and authorities; all were made by Christ for His own use and glory. He was before all else began and it is His power that holds everything together.”

Supplementary Text
“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. They answered Him, We be Abraham’s seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest Thou, Ye shall be made free? Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. ” (John 8v32-36).

Prayer
Father, we thank You so much for this day. Thank You for Your love. Thank You for creating Me, thank You because I know You and I know the truth that sets me free in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts