Against Hope believe

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“So the promise is received by faith. It is given as a free gift. And we are all certain to receive it, whether or not we live according to the law of Moses, if we have faith like Abraham’s. For Abraham is the father of all who believe.  That is what the Scriptures mean when God told him, “I have made you the father of many nations.” This happened because Abraham believed in the God who brings the dead back to life and who creates new things out of nothing. Even when there was no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping—believing that he would become the father of many nations. For God had said to him, “That’s how many descendants you will have!” And Abraham’s faith did not weaken, even though, at about 100 years of age, he figured his body was as good as dead—and so was Sarah’s womb. Abraham never wavered in believing God’s promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises. And because of Abraham’s faith, God counted him as righteous.” Romans 4v16-22 (NLT)

Bible says that Abraham had no cause to hope again, yet he hoped. One of the barriers to faith is we ourselves, and what we filter through our senses, our minds, emotions and will. Indeed what we see, what we feel, what we hear, what we taste, what we experience e.t.c. can stand in direct contrast to what God has said He is going to do. But then we have to realize that our God is One who calls those things that be not as though they were. Basically, when He says it is well, it is well. Regardless of what the circumstances say, and because His word can never fail, it is going to be well. Remember Genesis 1 tells us that the earth was without form and void, and the Spirit of the Lord moved across the face of the deep, and God began to speak. All that God spoke came into existence. Hebrews 11v2 (KJV) therefore lets us know that “Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.” Beloved, let us have the God kind of faith. I am encouraged by David (see below) who before he engaged Goliath, told Goliath how it would all end. Let us do the same and like our Father, speak His Word into every situation.

Supplementary Text
“And the Philistine came on and drew near unto David; and the man that bare the shield went before him. And when the Philistine looked about, and saw David, he disdained him: for he was but a youth, and ruddy, and of a fair countenance. And the Philistine said unto David, Am I a dog, that thou comest to me with staves? And the Philistine cursed David by his gods. And the Philistine said to David, Come to me, and I will give thy flesh unto the fowls of the air, and to the beasts of the field. Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied. This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. And all this assembly shall know that the Lord saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the Lord's, and He will give you into our hands.” 1 Samuel 17v41-47 (KJV)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. Father, please grant unto me the God-kind of faith. Help me Lord to always look beyond what my senses are telling me and my situation is saying to me to have faith in You. I thank You and I appreciate You o God in Jesus name, amen.


Comments

Popular Posts