Don’t give up

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“And He spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;” Luke 18v1 (KJV)

“One day Jesus told His disciples a story to illustrate their need for constant prayer and to show them that they must keep praying until the answer comes.” Luke 18v1 (TLB)

“Also [Jesus] told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not to turn coward (faint, lose heart, and give up).” Luke 18v1 (AMP)

As the year draws to an end, perhaps you are keeping stock of your life and ticking your boxes of answered prayers. Perhaps the bills seem to be piling up. Perhaps you feel as though you are not where you are supposed to be. Today’s encouragement is to tell you don’t give up – keep praying, keep believing. I have heard it said that prayer is hard work. But prayer is also a demonstration of faith, as those who come to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11v6). When you pray you are saying God I know You hear me, I know You can do it, You can change this situation, I invite You to have Your way. Jesus Himself illustrated a parable to His disciples about praying and not losing heart/fainting.

Supplementary Text – Why not trust God again (Kurt Carr)
[Verse:]
When life seems cruel and so unfair,
with each new day it seems a greater problem's waiting there.
For each step forward I take, seems I get pushed two steps behind.

Don't think I'm gonna make it sometimes,
don't think my nerves can take it this time,
as I'm about to call it quits the solution comes to mind.

[Chorus 1:]
Why not trust God again;
I know that He can do it if I pray again,
Believe again, my God will work it for my good again.
I know that He will see me through it all if I trust in God again.

[Bridge:]
Is there a mountain standing in your way?
Is there a loved one you're worried about today (worried about today)?
(Ooh) Is there a blessing you desire that seems intangible?

Instead of giving up the fight,
just cling to faith with all your might,
the One that's seen you through before
is still able (able, able, able),
He's still able (able, able, able).

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
just to take Him at His word.

Prayer
Why don’t you take it to the Lord in prayer…

Comments

Popular Posts