Beware (3)

Dearly Beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. We continue looking at the word ‘Beware’ and instances in which it was used in the Bible. Let’s consider King Hezekiah of Israel and the fight that the king of Assyria had with them. Isaiah 36v18-21 (AMPC) shows us a message that the King of Assyria sent to the Israelites: “Beware lest Hezekiah persuade and mislead you by saying, The Lord will deliver us. Has any one of the gods of the nations ever delivered his land out of the hand of the king of Assyria? Where are the gods of Hamath and Arpad [in Syria]? Where are the gods of Sepharvaim [a place from which the Assyrians brought colonists to inhabit evacuated Samaria]? And have [the gods] delivered Samaria [capital of the ten northern tribes of Israel] out of my hand? Who among all the gods of these lands has delivered his land out of my hand, that [you should think that] the Lord can deliver Jerusalem out of my hand?  But they kept still and answered him not a word, for the king’s [Hezekiah’s] command was, Do not answer him.”

 

In this case, it is the enemy that is using beware, and that beware can plant fear in the heart of the hearers. The enemy was encouraging the children of Israel not to believe in the deliverance of God. Child of God, are you becoming wary or faint and beginning to think or consider that the Lord doesn’t deliver. Do not give in to that fear. The Lord delivered King Hezekiah and the children of Israel (see Isaiah 37), and He will deliver you too. Take your cares and worries and concerns to Him. Declare to the Lord as David did in Psalm 3v1-4 (NIV) that “Lord, how many are my foes!   How many rise up against me! Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him. But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high.  I call out to the Lord, and he answers me from his holy mountain.” Hallelujah.

 

Prayer

Father, we thank You so much for this day that You have made. We thank You because You are a great and mighty deliverer. We put our trust in You and refuse to believe in the lies of the enemy that speaks otherwise. Thank You so much o God, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts