Beware

 Dearly beloved, I hope this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. Philippians 3:2 (KJV) says “Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.” Beware can be defined as “to be wary, cautious, or careful of”. Through scripture, there are certain times or situations that we are told to “beware”. Over the next couple of days, we will look at a few. Let’s consider one with Abraham. Genesis 24v4-8 (KJV) says “But thou shalt go unto my country, and to my kindred, and take a wife unto my son Isaac. And the servant said unto him, Peradventure the woman will not be willing to follow me unto this land: must I needs bring thy son again unto the land from whence thou camest? And Abraham said unto him, Beware thou that thou bring not my son thither again. The Lord God of heaven, which took me from my father's house, and from the land of my kindred, and which spake unto me, and that sware unto me, saying, Unto thy seed will I give this land; he shall send his angel before thee, and thou shalt take a wife unto my son from thence. And if the woman will not be willing to follow thee, then thou shalt be clear from this my oath: only bring not my son thither again.”

 

Abraham did not want his son taken back to the land from which God had brought him out of. As believers, we too have been brought out of an old kingdom into a new place, and we shouldn’t go back there. Colossians 1v13 (KJV) tells us “Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:” Furthermore, 2 Corinthians 6v14-18 (TLB) says “Don’t be teamed with those who do not love the Lord, for what do the people of God have in common with the people of sin? How can light live with darkness? And what harmony can there be between Christ and the devil? How can a Christian be a partner with one who doesn’t believe? And what union can there be between God’s temple and idols? For you are God’s temple, the home of the living God, and God has said of you, “I will live in them and walk among them, and I will be their God and they shall be my people.” That is why the Lord has said, “Leave them; separate yourselves from them; don’t touch their filthy things, and I will welcome you and be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters.” Amen.

 

Prayer

Father, we thank You for this day. We thank You because You have drawn us out of the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of light. We thank You because You are a Father to us and we are Your sons and daughters. Help us to be careful not to go back to where You pulled us from in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts