Discipline and Love (2)

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His goodness, His faithfulness, and choosing to call us His own and His children. In choosing to call us and treat us as His children sometimes though, He needs to chasten us. Don’t despise this chastening. May He never leave us alone to do just as we like, as we see in Romans 1 of people who God gave over to reprobate minds, and abandoned to foolish thinking. On the contrary, the Word of God encourages us that:

Primary Text: Hebrews 12v10-11
“For [our earthly fathers] disciplined us for only a short period of time and chastised us as seemed proper and good to them; but He disciplines us for our certain good, that we may become sharers in His own holiness. For the time being no discipline brings joy, but seems grievous and painful; but afterwards it yields a peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it [a harvest of fruit which consists in righteousness -- in conformity to God’s will in purpose, thought, and action, resulting in right living and right standing with God].”Hebrews 12v10-11 (AMP)

Discipline can be defined as “training or conditions imposed for the improvement of physical powers, self-control, etc” or “systematic training in obedience to regulations and authority.”(www.dictionary.com). God disciplines us for our own good, so that we may partake of His holiness. For sure, the Bible points out, at the present time, when we are going through the discipline, or are being chastised, it doesn’t seem pleasant. But at the end of the day, there is a fruit of righteousness that is produced. The Bible writes that “Even though Jesus was God’s Son, He learned obedience from the things He suffered. In this way, God qualified Him as a perfect High Priest, and He became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey Him.”(Hebrews 5v8-9, NLT).

Supplementary Text:
“Now if you are exempt from correction and left without discipline in which all [of God’s children] share, then you are illegitimate offspring and not true sons [at all].”Hebrews 12v8 (AMP)

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I thank You so much for this day and for Your Word. I thank You because You love me enough to discipline and chastise me. Lord, indeed I pray that You will teach me Your ways. In anyway I am veering away from Your paths, plans and will, discipline me to come back, and grant me the grace to submit to Your instructions. Please Father, never take away Your discipline for me. Never leave me to do things my own way. You love and care for me, and I crave and trust Your directions. Lead me Lord. Help me to always be a partaker of Your holiness. This is I pray in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts