Not Get Weary

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven above, and yet He humbles Himself to behold the things that happen on earth. He knows you, He sees you, He is very aware of all that You do in His name’s sake. The Bible says:

Primary Text: Galatians 6v9&10
“And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.” Galatians 6v9&10 (KJV)

Included in the fruit of the Spirit is goodness. The Bible here exhorts us that we should not be weary in our well doing. We shouldn’t have the attitude of I have done my good deed for today. But when the opportunity presents itself, we should do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. When you find yourself growing tired and weary of doing good, you can ask God for the grace to continue to do so. Afterall, Paul writes “But by the grace of God I am what I am: and His grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.” (1 Corinthians 15v10, KJV). Acts 10v38 tells us that “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with Him.” While in our flesh there is no good thing, and how to perform good in ourselves we cannot find (Romans 7v18), in Christ we are new creatures (2 Corinthians 5v17), we have His Spirit, and the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Spirit of God (Romans 5v5). We can do good to others, we can show love.

Supplementary Text:
“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago.” (Ephesians 2v10, NLT).

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I thank You so much for this day and for Your Word. I thank You because You have made me and You want to glorify Yourself through me. I yield to Your great plan. I ask that those good works which You before ordained I walk in, that I will walk in them. I pray for the anointing of Your Spirit and power and grace to do the works You will have me do, to the glory of Your name in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts