The ‘aha’ moment

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Moreoever the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you.” Zechariah 4v8-9

Our God is great and there is no searching of His understanding (Isaiah 40v28). He is wiser than the wisest and greater than the greatest. In the above passage, the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel was that his hands shall finish what it had started, and then he will know that the LORD of hosts was the one who sent that message. The thing is, perhaps while Zerubbabel was building, at certain points he knew that God was in this work, but at other times, he wasn’t so sure. Discouragement, disappointment, setbacks, delays and oppositions may cause all of these feelings in him. But after he had finished, the messenger said, he will know that the LORD of hosts hath sent him. At a point Joseph was able to say, “ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive” (Genesis 50v20). Because God’s ways are not our ways (Isaiah 55v9), we tend to have many ‘aha’ moments, moments where we reflect and perhaps see how God worked things out, or why He allowed certain things to happen, because often times as we are going through, taking each day at a time, we really cannot see the big picture. There are even times when we are thinking, God, are You still here? Like the Hebrew children, though we do not turn back from following Him, but we may never think that it is right there in the fire, when all hope seems completely lost, that He will turn up (see Daniel 3). Or like Esther, you may be taking the step of “if I perish, I perish” (Esther 4v16). Children of God, wait on God. Wait for the ‘aha’ moment. Don’t turn back from following or serving Him. Don’t settle for less than His best for you. Yes, if we perish we perish. No matter the cost, follow Him forever; and may His presence with us be ever manifest in Jesus name, amen.

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word, and I thank You that You love me. I thank You for all the ‘aha’ moments You have given me cause to enjoy. Thank You because my life is hid in Christ and Christ in God, and none can snatch me from You in Jesus name, amen. Father, I pray You will give a word in season to all of Your children in need of comfort at this time, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts