I make mention of you

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for the wonderful access we have to His throne of grace, and the fact that we can pray for one another.

Primary Text
“God knows how often I pray for you. Day and night I bring you and your needs in prayer to the one I serve with all my might, telling others the Good News about His Son.” Romans 1v9 (TLB)

One important service we can render to one another is prayer. Sometimes we might not be able to be of direct physical and material help to a person, but we can pray for them. One of the requests a pastor made of his partners was for prayer everyday… even if it was for only one minute. Beloved, you can make mention of people in prayer – just start! The Apostle Paul was one person who spoke about praying for others and requested prayer for himself. Ephesians 1v16-17 (AMP) says “I do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers. [For I always pray to] the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, that He may grant you a spirit of wisdom and revelation [of insight into mysteries and secrets] in the [deep and intimate] knowledge of Him,”. It is important that we pray according to the will of God for ourselves and others. We can consider praying the prayers Paul did e.g. in Philippians 1v9-11, Colossians 1v9-12; Ephesians 1v16-20; 3v16-19 and Galatians 1v3.

Supplementary Text
“I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding. For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ’s return. May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation – the righteous character produced in your life by Jesus Christ – for this will bring much glory and praise to God.” Philippians 1v9-11 (NLT)

Prayer
Father, thank You for Your Word. We pray for the spirit of grace and supplication to be upon us, that we may always pray for one another in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts