I will sup with him

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” Revelations 3v20 (KJV)

Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.” Revelations 3v20 (NLT)

Usually when you invite someone into your house to eat, it is what you have that you will share with them. Whether it is cereal, rice, juice, water … it would be hard to present what you do not have. I found it interesting that the Lord said “I will sup with Him”. When you open the door to our Lord, He comes in and sees what you have to offer. I will come in and partake of what you have. That is the first step. Come as you are. I came to seek and save the lost. Be honest with Me. Indeed, He knows you already and what you have to offer – but it is an invitation for you to be honest with Him, to acknowledge that this is who I am. And He will come and sup with you. Again, remember that the Lord will not barge into any person’s life. His coming into your life is not to condemn you, but that through Him you will have life.

Supplementary Text
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved. He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but He that believeth not is condemned already, because He hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest His deeds should be reproved. But He that doeth truth cometh to the light, that His deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.” John 3v16-21 (KJV)

Perhaps, you have never opened the door of your heart to the Lord Jesus, and you want to today. You can say this prayer:

Prayer
Dear Lord, I thank You for Your Word this day. I thank You for the gift of salvation that You offer to me. I desire a relationship with You Lord Jesus. I acknowledge who I am, a sinner, and who You are, that You are the Son of God, and that You came to die for my sins. I open my heart to You today to come and fill it and fellowship with me. Thank You for hearing and answering me and giving me Your Holy Spirit. Keep me in You forever O Lord in Jesus name, amen.

If you have said this prayer today, know that you have become born again. Welcome into the family of God. Do look for a Bible believing church to attend, and feel free to reach out to me if you have questions.

Comments

Popular Posts