Knock, knock, knock

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” Revelations 3v20 (KJV)

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.” Revelations 3v20 (NIV)

“Look! I have been standing at the door, and I am constantly knocking. If anyone hears me calling him and opens the door, I will come in and fellowship with him and he with me.” Revelations 3v20 (TLB)

There are many ways one can respond to a knock at the door. You might just not hear at all, perhaps due to one noise or the other or an activity you are engaged in. You might choose to become silent and hope the person will get tired and go away. You may decide not to respond because you believe someone else will go to open the door. You might ask “who is it?” or “who is there?” and decide not to open the door after the person responds, because you do not know who the person is or you are constrained from opening the door. Or, you might ask the same questions and then open the door. Deciding to open the door however means that you are acknowledging and accepting the person of the one at the door.

Jesus stands at the door of our hearts and knocks. Have we heard the knock? What has been our response to His knock so far? Have you opened up your heart to Him so that He can come in and sup with you? I find to a large extent that we get closer to those we eat with. Put in another way, we tend to eat with those who we are closest to. The Lord seeks a relationship with you, and as He sups with you and you with Him, you will begin to know Him more. James 4v8 (AMP) says “Come close to God and He will come close to you. [Recognize that you are] sinners, get your soiled hands clean; [realize that you have been disloyal] wavering individuals with divided interests, and purify your hearts [of your spiritual adultery].” We find that the Lord does not barge into any person’s life. Indeed, He knocks and waits for you to response. But oh how wonderful it is when you do respond positively and let Him in. If you haven’t let Him in already, and you desire this relationship with Him, why not say this prayer:

Prayer
Dear Lord, I thank You for Your Word this day. I thank You for the gift of salvation that You offer to me. I desire a relationship with You Lord Jesus. I acknowledge who I am, a sinner, and who You are, that You are the Son of God, and that You came to die for my sins. I open my heart to You today to come and fill it and fellowship with me. Thank You for hearing and answering me and giving me Your Holy Spirit. Keep me in You forever O Lord in Jesus name, amen.

If you have said this prayer today, know that you have become born again. Welcome into the family of God. Do look for a Bible believing church to attend, and feel free to reach out to me if you have questions.

Comments

Popular Posts