A Life of Impact

Dearly beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. We continue our study of Paul’s letter to the Philippians. After mentioning the fact that there is gain in death, Paul then reflects on the benefits of staying back on earth as seen in Philippians 1v22-25 (AMPC) which says “If, however, it is to be life in the flesh and I am to live on here, that means fruitful service for me; so I can say nothing as to my personal preference [I cannot choose], But I am hard pressed between the two. My yearning desire is to depart (to be free of this world, to set forth) and be with Christ, for that is far, far better; But to remain in my body is more needful and essential for your sake. Since I am convinced of this, I know that I shall remain and stay by you all, to promote your progress and joy in believing,”.

Child of God, you have a purpose. You are very important, and God has work for you to do. Ephesians 2v10 (TLB) says “ It is God himself who has made us what we are and given us new lives from Christ Jesus; and long ages ago he planned that we should spend these lives in helping others.” Quit having thoughts of despair or irrelevance. You are needed. Your voice, your smile, your words, your encouragement, your money, your service e.t.c. can be used. Believer’s themselves need encouragement everyday. You can promote someone’s joy and progress. 1 Corinthians 15v58 (TLB) says “So, my dear brothers, since future victory is sure, be strong and steady, always abounding in the Lord’s work, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever wasted as it would be if there were no resurrection.” Matthew 5v16 (TPT) says “So don’t hide your light! Let it shine brightly before others, so that the commendable things you do will shine as light upon them, and then they will give their praise to your Father in heaven.” Do not let past hurts or discouragements keep you down, keep on keeping on, don’t hide your light.  Galatians 6v9 (NIV) says “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Prayer
Dear God, thank You for creating me. I pray You open my eyes to see opportunities for service and for the good works You will have me do, and grant me the grace and courage to do them in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts