The Power of Prayer


Dearly beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. We continue looking at Paul’s letter to the Philippians. The letter was written while he was in prison and he had assured them that his imprisonment was beneficial to the gospel. He then goes on to mention the power of prayer and the Spirit of God by saying “ I am going to keep on being glad, for I know that as you pray for me, and as the Holy Spirit helps me, this is all going to turn out for my good” (Philippians  1v19, TPT). Now we know that scripture tells us that we have not because we ask not (James 4v2).  Paul is saying, as you keep on asking on my behalf, and as the Spirit of God helps me, I know things will turn out for my good.

Child of God, prayers are so important, and we should never be weary in praying (Luke 18v1). Paul was someone who cherished prayer, asked for prayer, and constantly prayed for others. In Ephesians 6v18-20 (AMPC) he writes “Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty. To that end keep alert and watch with strong purpose and perseverance, interceding in behalf of all the saints (God’s consecrated people). And [pray] also for me, that [freedom of] utterance may be given me, that I may open my mouth to proclaim boldly the mystery of the good news (the Gospel), For which I am an ambassador in a coupling chain [in prison. Pray] that I may declare it boldly and courageously, as I ought to do.” He also wrote in 2 Thessalonians 3 v1-3 (TLB) that “Finally, dear brothers, as I come to the end of this letter, I ask you to pray for us. Pray first that the Lord’s message will spread rapidly and triumph wherever it goes, winning converts everywhere as it did when it came to you. Pray, too, that we will be saved out of the clutches of evil men, for not everyone loves the Lord. But the Lord is faithful; he will make you strong and guard you from satanic attacks of every kind.” Amen. Child of God, let’s keep praying for things we want to see, for believers all over the world and for the gospel to spread and triumph everywhere.

Prayer
Father, we thank You for Your Word and Your faithfulness and the access we have, to pray to You. We pray for the grace to continue fervent in prayer and to pray always in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts