God has power over death (2)


Dearly beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. In Philippians 1v21 (AMPC), Paul writes “For me to live is Christ [His life in me], and to die is gain [the gain of the glory of eternity].” Yesterday, we looked at some of the way the Bible talks about death, and specifically the fact that God had power over death. We even see practical examples through scripture where Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead (John 11), He raised the son of the widow of Nain (Luke 7v11-17), and through the power of God, the Shunammite’s woman’s son was raised by Elisha (2 Kings 4v8-37). Indeed, Jesus holds the keys of death and hades, we belong to Him, and He gives us life. John 10v10-11 (NLT) says “The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep.” Amen, Jesus came to give us life.

God does not want us to be afraid of death. We see above Paul viewing death as a thing of gain. Hebrews 2:14-15 (TLB) says “Since we, God’s children, are human beings—made of flesh and blood—he became flesh and blood too by being born in human form; for only as a human being could he die and in dying break the power of the devil who had the power of death. Only in that way could he deliver those who through fear of death have been living all their lives as slaves to constant dread.” Because the fact is we that believe in Christ, do not really die.  Revelations 12:11 (AMPC) tells us “And they have overcome (conquered) him by means of the blood of the Lamb and by the utterance of their testimony, for they did not love and cling to life even when faced with death [holding their lives cheap till they had to die for their witnessing].” John 11v25-26” says “Jesus said to her, I am [Myself] the Resurrection and the Life. Whoever believes in (adheres to, trusts in, and relies on) Me, although he may die, yet he shall live; And whoever continues to live and believes in (has faith in, cleaves to, and relies on) Me shall never [actually] die at all. Do you believe this?” Hallelujah. Child of God be encouraged, rest in God, have faith in God and His resurrection power. Be encouraged about those who you lost that were in Christ. God has power over death. Amen.

If you do not have a relationship with Jesus, and you are wondering, how can I also have this eternal life? Well, it is free for all. You see, every person that came into the world, was born a sinner. But God wanted man to be reconciled to Himself and He sent His Son Jesus to die for us, to take our place. By accepting this sacrifice and believing in the Lord Jesus, then you are saved and have this eternal life.

The Bible says: “If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.”  Romans 10v9-10 (NIV)

If you want that, you can say this prayer: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church and keep the faith! Welcome to God’s family.

Comments

Popular Posts