The Power of the Spirit


Dearly beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. We continue looking at Paul’s letter to the Philippians. The letter was written while he was in prison and he had assured them that his imprisonment was beneficial to the gospel. He then goes on to mention the power of prayer and the Spirit of God by saying “ I am going to keep on being glad, for I know that as you pray for me, and as the Holy Spirit helps me, this is all going to turn out for my good” (Philippians  1v19, TPT). Here, the Holy Spirit is depicted as a helper, and indeed He is. 

Our Lord Jesus said in John 16v5-7 (AMPC) “But now I am going to Him Who sent Me, yet none of you asks Me, Where are You going? But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your hearts [taken complete possession of them]. However, I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say it is profitable (good, expedient, advantageous) for you that I go away. Because if I do not go away, the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you [into close fellowship with you]; but if I go away, I will send Him to you [to be in close fellowship with you].” As children of God, we have the Spirit of God with us and in us to help us, to guide us into all truth, to advocate and intercede for us, to comfort and counsel us, to strengthen and stand by us, hallelujah. That’s why  Paul could say by the Spirit helping me, and with your prayers, I know everything will turn out for my good. May we experience the help of the Spirit now more than ever before in Jesus name, amen.

Prayer
Father, we thank You for this day. We thank You for Your Spirit in us and with us. We pray that we will experience intimacy and fellowship with You Spirit of Truth. We desire to be guided by You, to be helped by You, to be comforted by You. Help us o Spirit of God, and may we be sensitive to and heed to Your voice and Your leading in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts