A Passion for Christ

Dearly beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. What do you consider as your life? Some people look at their job as their life; their family as their life; their career e.t.c. But Paul sets a good example for we believers in declaring that for him to live is Christ. Philippians 1v20-21 (TPT) says “No matter what, I will continue to hope and passionately cling to Christ, so that He will be openly revealed through me before everyone’s eyes. So I will not be ashamed! In my life or in my death, Christ will be magnified in me. My true life is the Anointed One, and dying means gaining more of Him.”

In another part of scripture, Paul also expressed wanting to know Christ even more and more: “Yes, furthermore, I count everything as loss compared to the possession of the priceless privilege (the overwhelming preciousness, the surpassing worth, and supreme advantage) of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord and of progressively becoming more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him [of perceiving and recognizing and understanding Him more fully and clearly]. For His sake I have lost everything and consider it all to be mere rubbish (refuse, dregs), in order that I may win (gain) Christ (the Anointed One), And that I may [actually] be found and known as in Him, not having any [self-achieved] righteousness that can be called my own, based on my obedience to the Law’s demands (ritualistic uprightness and supposed right standing with God thus acquired), but possessing that [genuine righteousness] which comes through faith in Christ (the Anointed One), the [truly] right standing with God, which comes from God by [saving] faith (Philippians 3v8-9, AMPC).” Besides that, he said “In Him we live, and move and have our being…” (Acts 17v28). Even as we go about our daily lives, and weeks, months, and years, let’s have this same attitude – seeking the glory of Christ, and seeking to know Him more and more. Indeed, John tells us that this is eternal life – to know God and to know Christ (John 17v3). This is life indeed.

Prayer
Father, we thank You for Your Word. We pray as Paul did o God, that we may know You Lord Jesus, and become more deeply and intimately acquainted with You, understanding and perceiving and recognizing You more fully and clearly in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts