God has power over death


Dearly beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. In Philippians 1v21 (AMPC), Paul writes “For me to live is Christ [His life in me], and to die is gain [the gain of the glory of eternity].” Today, we look again at death and some of the way the Bible talks about it. One thing that God assures us is that He has power over death. In Deuteronomy 32v39 (KJV), God says “See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.” In Revelations 1v18 (KJV) Jesus says “I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.” In Revelations 1v8 (KJV) He says “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.” That is why we can pray to God for life, for strength, and even for people to be raised from the dead, because He holds the keys of life and death.

There was a man in scripture called Lazarus, a friend of Jesus, who died for four days, and them Jesus came and raised him up from the dead. Jesus had this conversation with Lazarus’ sister Martha: “Jesus said to her, Your brother shall rise again. Martha replied, I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day. Jesus said to her, I am [Myself] the Resurrection and the Life. Whoever believes in (adheres to, trusts in, and relies on) Me, although he may die, yet he shall live; And whoever continues to live and believes in (has faith in, cleaves to, and relies on) Me shall never [actually] die at all. Do you believe this?” (John 11:23-26, AMPC). Child of God, this is a powerful statement – Jesus is saying, those who believe in Him have eternal life, or life everlasting, and even though they die physically, they never actually die. Hallelujah! Jesus has the key over death and hades. Do you believe this? Be encouraged child of God.

If you do not have a relationship with Jesus, and you are wondering, how can I also have this eternal life? Well, it is free for all. You see, every person that came into the world, was born a sinner. But God wanted man to be reconciled to Himself and He sent His Son Jesus to die for us, to take our place. By accepting this sacrifice and believing in the Lord Jesus, then you are saved and have this eternal life.

The Bible says: “If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.”  Romans 10v9-10 (NIV)

If you want that, you can say this prayer: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church and keep the faith! Welcome to God’s family.

Comments

Popular Posts