A Sincere Prayer

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Grace and peace be multiplied unto you in Jesus name, amen. A sincere prayer from the book of Psalms reads:


“Behold, Thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part Thou shalt make me to know wisdom.” Psalm 51v6 (King James Version).

“You want me to be completely truthful, so teach me wisdom.” Psalm 51v6 (New Century Version)

“But you desire honesty from the womb, teaching me wisdom even there.” Psalm 51v6 (New Living Translation)

“Behold, You desire truth in the inner being; make me therefore to know wisdom in my inmost heart.” Psalm 51v6 (Amplified Bible)

“Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; You teach me wisdom in the inmost place.” Psalm 51v6 (New International Version)

“What You’re after is truth from the inside out. Enter me, then; conceive a new, true life.” Psalm 51v6 (The Message)

This Psalm reflects the words of David when he had sinned against God. Previous verses speak of “Against Thee, Thee only, I have sinned, and done this evil in Thy sight:…” But he moves on from there to say Lord but what You desire is truth in the inward parts. The fact is that God knows us thoroughly and there is nothing that we can hide from Him. But He still desires for us to come to Him with the truth. So say sincere prayers to Him. Depending on the version you read, some say, Lord teach me wisdom. And we know that wisdom is better than gold (Proverbs 16v16), and it is profitable to direct (Ecclesiastes 10v10). Others will say, You teach me wisdom in the inward part. So, be sincere with God about everything, where you’ve missed it, things you are struggling with, about how thankful you are to Him, be sincere, and let Him fill you with His wisdom, let Him fill you with Jesus, who is called – the power of God and the wisdom of God (1 Corinthians 1v24).

Have a very blessed day.

Comments

Popular Posts