The Spirit of Christ (3)

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“…, but He was raised to life in the Spirit.” 1 Peter 3v18 (NLT)

As a child of God, you have the Spirit of God in you and with you. However, we have the flesh that would have us do things which do not glorify God (see verses below). In order then to live a life that is pleasing to God, we need to put to death the deeds of the flesh. Paul saying “But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.” 1 Corinthians 9v27 (KJV). But we cannot do it on our own strength or by will power, but through the power of the Spirit. Hallelujah!!! Romans 8v12-13 (AMP) says “So then, brethren, we are debtors, but not to the flesh [we are not obligated to our carnal nature], to live [a life ruled by the standards set up by the dictates] of the flesh. For if you live according to [the dictates of] the flesh, you will surely die. But if through the power of the [Holy] Spirit you are [habitually] putting to death (making extinct, deadening) the [evil] deeds prompted by the body, you shall [really and genuinely] live forever.” Child of God, you are no longer obligated to listen to the promptings of the flesh. Yield to the Spirit instead, and fight the good fight of faith. If you notice something of the flesh rearing its ugly head, pray and by the power of the Spirit put it to death.

Supplementary Text
“The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.” Galatians 5v19-21 (NIV)

Prayer
Father, we thank You for Your Word and the power of Your Spirit. Lord I lift up every thing of the flesh in me that doesn’t glorify You. I thank You because I am not obligated to follow the dictates of the flesh anymore, and I ask that they be put to death in Jesus name, amen. Holy Spirit I pray that You rise up within me with Your power and overshadow my frailties today and put to death everything of the flesh in Jesus name I pray, amen. Thank You Father, for hearing my prayers and thank You Holy Spirit for putting to death the things of the flesh in me in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts