Abiding in the Truth

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. John 8v44-45 (AMP) says “You are of your father, the devil, and it is your will to practice the lusts and gratify the desires [which are characteristic] of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a falsehood, he speaks what is natural to him, for he is a liar [himself] and the father of lies and of all that is false. But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me [do not trust Me, do not rely on Me, or adhere to Me].”

The devil is the father of lies and falsehood and a murderer. Jesus here was saying if you are doing things characteristic of him, then he is your father. Drawing from this, we can say that children of God will abide in the truth, for the truth is in them. So they actually seek to have the truth in them, and then they will be able to abide in it. John 8v30-32 (KJV) says “As He spake these words, many believed on Him. So Jesus said to those Jews who had believed in Him, If you abide in My word [hold fast to My teachings and live in accordance with them], you are truly My disciples. And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.”

I like how the Lord identified that if you abide in My Word, you are My disciples. In a sense, it is not a touch and go matter; not just a I believed yesterday, or I believe today; but a consistent and continual following, adhering to and depending on the Word of God. When we do this, then we will know the Truth, and the Truth shall set us free. John 15v4&7 (KJV) equally say “Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in Me … If ye abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.”

Prayer

Father, I thank You for Your Word. I thank You for You are true. I pray for the grace to continue in Your Word, to know the Truth and be set free by it in Jesus name, amen. Please remove from me every iota of falsehood, deceit and lies in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts