Desiring Jesus

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. There is something about knowing God, and desiring to know Him. Daniel 11v32b (King James Version) says “but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.” Paul himself said in Philippians 3v7-10 (New Living Translation) that “I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with Him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God’s way of making us right with Himself depends on faith. I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised Him from the dead. I want to suffer with Him, sharing in His death, so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead!”

The Classic Amplified Edition of verse 8 says “Yes, furthermore, I count everything as loss compared to the possession of the priceless privilege (the overwhelming preciousness, the surpassing worth, and supreme advantage) of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord and of progressively becoming more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him [of perceiving and recognizing and understanding Him more fully and clearly]. For His sake I have lost everything and consider it all to be mere rubbish (refuse, dregs), in order that I may win (gain) Christ (the Anointed One)”. Our God is a great and mighty God; a God who is past finding out. And yet, He wants to fellowship with you and I, He wants us to get to know Him. The question is, will you respond to His call today? His call for fellowship and communion, His call for service, His call to sit at His feet and learn to know His ways. Psalm 25v14 (New Living Translation) says that “The Lord is a friend to those who fear Him. He teaches them His covenant.”

Prayer

Our Father and our God, we thank You for Your Word. Lord, we want to know You more, not just to see Your hands, but also to know Your ways. We want to learn of You, we want to become like Jesus, and we want to honour You more and more. Even as we behold You, we thank You because we are being changed to the image of our Lord Jesus Christ, even by the Spirit of God. Father, we pray that the light of God will shine brighter and brighter through us and that people will desire to know You when they meet us. Thank You Father for hearing us, in Jesus name we pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts