A Study of Psalm 3 (5)

Dearly Beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. We continue our study of Psalm 3. Psalm 3v1-3 (KJV) say, “LORD, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me. Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. But Thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.” God is glorious and He makes all things glorious.

 

Exodus 33 shows a conversation between Moses and the Lord.  And Moses said, I beseech You, show me Your glory. And God said, I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim My name, The Lord, before you; for I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy and loving-kindness on whom I will show mercy and loving-kindness. But, He said, You can not see My face, for no man shall see Me and live. And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place beside Me, and you shall stand upon the rock, And while My glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by. Then I will take away My hand and you shall see My back; but My face shall not be seen.” Here we see God’s glory depicted as the essence of who He is and what He does. Indeed, God is our glory. Synonyms for glory include magnificence, beauty, splendor, wonder and grandeur. Amid trouble, God is our glory. He will bring magnificence, beauty, splendor, wonder and grandeur out of that difficult situation.  Praise the Lord.

 

Prayer

Father, we thank You for this day. We thank You because You are our glory and the lifter up of our heads. In the midst of trouble and problems, You make everything glorious. Blessed be Your holy name forever more in Jesus name we pray, amen.



Comments

Popular Posts