A Study of Psalm 3 (12)

Dearly Beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. In scripture, we find how God encourages His children by telling them not to be afraid, not to fear, not to be dismayed or discouraged. Isaiah 41v10 (AMPC) for instance says “Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.” In John 16v33 (AMPC), our Lord Jesus says “I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]” Amen.  

 

Over the past few days, we have been looking at Psalm 3. Today, we look at Psalm 3v6, and there we find the Psalmist saying – I will not fear. It is one thing for God to tell us not to fear, and another for us to agree with Him in that. Psalm 3v6 (KJV) says “I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about.” Hallelujah. Child of God, will you agree with God today and say – I will not fear … no matter what comes my way.

 

Prayer

Father, we thank You so much for this day. Thank You for being with us always. We agree with You and say we will not fear, because You are with us. According to John 14v27, we receive the peace of Christ which He has given to us and bequeathed to us. We will not allow our hearts to be troubled or afraid. We will not allow ourselves to be agitated and disturbed, nor permit ourselves to be fearful, intimidated, cowardly, and unsettled. We declare that we live in peace and victory in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts