A Study of Psalm 3 (6)

 Dearly Beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. We continue our study of Psalm 3. Psalm 3v3 expresses the fact that God is the lifter of our heads:

 

AMPC:But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.

TPT:But in the depths of my heart I truly know that you, Yahweh, have become my Shield; You take me and surround me with yourself. Your glory covers me continually. You lift high my head.

NLT:But you, O Lord, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high.

The Message:But you, God, shield me on all sides;
You ground my feet, you lift my head high;

The Living Bible:But Lord, you are my shield, my glory, and my only hope. You alone can lift my head, now bowed in shame.

 

Synonyms for lift include boost, uplift, and raise. Psalm 3v3 is telling us that God is the one who lifts our heads. When one’s head is bowed down, it usually connotes sorrow, depression,  defeat, hopelessness e.t.c. But God is the One who raises up our heads, gives us hope, courage, confidence, victory, boldness e.t.c.  Psalm 42v11 (TLB) says “But, O my soul, don’t be discouraged. Don’t be upset. Expect God to act! For I know that I shall again have plenty of reason to praise him for all that he will do. He is my help! He is my God!” Child of God, regardless of what you may be going through, declare to God that He is your shield, your glory and know that He will lift your head. I love Psalm 55v22 (AMP) which assures us saying “Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you; He will never allow the [consistently] righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail).” Praise the Lord.

 

Prayer

Father, we thank You for this day. We thank You because You are our glory and the One who lifts our head. Thank You so much because as we call on You and release the weight of our burdens to You, You do not let us slip, fall or fail. Blessed be Your name forevermore o God, in Jesus name we pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts