A Study of Psalm 3 (10)

 Dearly Beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. We have been looking at Psalm 3 over the past couple of days, and we continue doing so today. We focus on verse 5 which says:

 

NLT: “I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for the Lord was watching over me.” 

AMPC: “I lay down and slept; I wakened again, for the Lord sustains me.”

 

MSG: “I stretch myself out. I sleep. Then I’m up again—rested, tall and steady, ...”

 

Child of God, do you know the Lord gives His beloved sleep. He created sleep and He wants you to enjoy it. In the context of Psalm 3, this verse is saying even with enemies all around and trouble, I can sleep and I will wake up again because God watches over me. Some people live in physically dangerous environment, some are facing emotional and financial difficulties. God assures rest even in the midst of the storm. Jesus exemplified that by sleeping during the storm in Mark 4. His response to the storm was to rebuke it, tell it to be still and ask the fearful disciples why they were so fearful and timid and without faith. Isaiah 26v3-4 (AMPC) says “You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You. So trust in the Lord (commit yourself to Him, lean on Him, hope confidently in Him) forever; for the Lord God is an everlasting Rock [the Rock of Ages].”

Prayer

Father, we thank You for You are our peace and give us peace. We receive rest and sleep from You, knowing You do not sleep or slumber but are watching over and sustaining us. Thank You so much o God. In Jesus name we pray, amen. 

Comments

Popular Posts