A Study of Psalm 3 (4)

Dearly Beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. May sounds of praise and victory resound in your home this month in Jesus name, amen. We continue our study of Psalm 3. We have looked at the fact that in the world, we will have trouble. We might even have people who look at us to see how and if God would be able to help us, casting doubt and unbelief our way. But the important thing is for us to know God for ourselves and be confident of His power and ability to deliver and save us from all trouble. Psalm 3v1-3 (KJV) say, “LORD, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me. Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. But Thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.”

 

Amid trouble, and plenty of it, the Psalmist describes God as His shield, His glory, and the lifter up of His head. Child of God, God is our shield. A shield can be viewed as a defense, an armor, a protection, a safeguard, and a buffer. Child of God, God is your shield. One of the ways we see this manifested is through our faith. Psalm 28v7 (AMPC) says “The Lord is my Strength and my [impenetrable] Shield; my heart trusts in, relies on, and confidently leans on Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song will I praise Him.” Hallelujah. Ephesians 6v16 (NLT) says “In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.” The devil may come with lies, discouragement, condemnation, e.t.c., but you need to take up the shield of faith as a defense. Remember that faith grows as we hear the Word of God (Romans 10v17). Dig deep into God’s Word on any situation you are encountering and let Him be your impenetrable shield as you trust in Him.

 

Prayer

Father, we thank You so much for this day. Indeed, You are our Strength and our impenetrable Shield, our heart trusts in You and we are helped, therefore our hearts greatly rejoice and with our song we praise You. We say be glorified in the earth, be magnified in our lives, You are worthy. We pray all this in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts