A Study of Psalm 3 (11)

Dearly Beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. We have been looking at Psalm 3 over the past couple of days, and we continue doing so today. We continue looking at verse 5 which says:

 

NLT: “I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for the Lord was watching over me.” 

AMPC: “I lay down and slept; I wakened again, for the Lord sustains me.”

 

MSG: “I stretch myself out. I sleep. Then I’m up again—rested, tall and steady, ...”

 

One of the ways God gave human beings to rejuvenate is through rest. Psalm 127v2 (AMPC) says “It is vain for you to rise up early, to take rest late, to eat the bread of [anxious] toil—for He gives [blessings] to His beloved in sleep.” Hallelujah. God wants His children to rest.  Conversely Isaiah 48v22 (KJV) says “There is no peace, saith the Lord, unto the wicked.” When you rest in God and rely on Him, you have peace and are able to rest. Isaiah 30v15-18 (TLB) depicts the difference between resting in God and running around by saying “For the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, says: Only in returning to me and waiting for me will you be saved; in quietness and confidence is your strength; but you’ll have none of this. “No,” you say. “We will get our help from Egypt; they will give us swift horses for riding to battle.” But the only swiftness you are going to see is the swiftness of your enemies chasing you! One of them will chase a thousand of you! Five of them will scatter you until not two of you are left together. You will be like lonely trees on the distant mountaintops. Yet the Lord still waits for you to come to him so he can show you his love; he will conquer you to bless you, just as he said. For the Lord is faithful to his promises. Blessed are all those who wait for him to help them.” Child of God, rest in God, wait on God, hope in Him, believe in Him. Don’t eat the bread of anxious toil – but rest in Him. Don’t seek help outside of Him, and may you enjoy rest and good sleep as and when you need it in Jesus name, amen.

Prayer

Father, we thank You for this day. Thank You for You give us sleep and rest. We look to You and wait on You. We thank You because then we renew our strength. Blessed be Your holy name in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts