The face of love – Hopeth all things

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Hope – I hope you are well. One of the things love is, is that it hopes all things. Can you believe that that is also part of what constitutes love – that is the God kind of love, to hope all things.

“Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things,…” 1 Corinthians 13v7

There are many people in this world today who have lost hope. Like another attribute of love which is to believe all things, they do not believe, they do not hope. But love hopes all things. Some dictionary meanings for hope include:

- To look forward to with confidence or expectation: We hope that our children will be successful
- To expect and desire
(Source: www.dictionary.com)

Some verses on hope from the Scriptures include:

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11v1

“Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise Him for the help of His countenance.” Psalm 42v5

“Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise Him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.” Psalm 42v11

“Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise Him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.” Psalm 43v5

“For Thou art my hope, O LORD GOD: Thou art my trust from my youth.” Psalm 71v5

“And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.” Romans 5v5

So dearly beloved, don’t lose hope. As I read somewhere this morning – God has a plan. Hope for good things. Hope to be treated right (as was said in one movie). Hope for a better life. Hope that that loved one will get healed. Hope for a great job. Hope for a spectacular marriage. Hope you won’t get left behind by the bus. Hope that you will make it to work on time. Hope that you will finish with a 1st class. Hope that your tomorrow will be alright. Hope, hope, hope … in the Lord, and may your expectations not be cut short in Jesus name, amen.
Have a very blessed and hope filled day.

Comments

Popular Posts