A child’s cry

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, and His ears are attentive to their cry;” Psalm 34v14 (NIV)

The mother of a 4 month plus baby once commented that nowadays whenever she sleeps, she sleeps deeply… but the easiest way to get her up is if her baby cries. As children of God, we hold a very dear place in His heart and He seeks to come to our help. As the text above tells us, His eyes are upon us and His ears are attentive to our cry. More recently too I have understood more the analogy that our Lord makes between Him and a nursing mother; Isaiah 49v13-17 (AMP) saying “Sing for joy, O heavens, and be joyful, O earth, and break forth into singing, O mountains! For the Lord has comforted His people and will have compassion upon His afflicted. But Zion [Jerusalem, her people as seen in captivity] said, The Lord has forsaken me, and my Lord has forgotten me. [And the Lord answered] Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yes, they may forget, yet I will not forget you. Behold, I have indelibly imprinted (tattooed a picture of) you on the palm of My hands; [O Zion] your walls are continually before Me.” And as we go through the Scriptures, we continue to see promises of God’s assurance of His love and care for us, how He would not fail us or forsake us. Therefore, regardless of how we feel at any point in time, it is always important to make the Word of God our reference point, using that to know what He says about us.

Supplementary Text
“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don’t forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4v6-7 (TLB)

Prayer
Father, I come unto You this day, casting every care and burden at Your feet. I take Your yoke upon me Jesus, for Your yoke is easy and Your burden is light. Thank You for being an amazing Father, loving, true, real, a Shepherd. I appreciate You Father and I love You in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts