His work in me

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Therefore, my dear ones, as you have always obeyed [my suggestions], so now, not only [with the enthusiasm you would show] in my presence but much more because I am absent, work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ). [Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight.” Philippians 2v12-13 (AMP)

While we have been saved by grace, we need to continue to work out our salvation – in essence show the results of our salvation. But it is God who is working within us to give us the power to obey Him and then helps us to do what He wants. Isn’t that an amazing God? Beloved, God is at work within you – recognize it, appreciate it, submit to it. As we see in 2 Corinthians 12v9 (AMP), His grace is available for us and sufficient for all that we go through - “But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell upon me!)

Supplementary Text
“And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.” Philippians 1v6 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, I thank You because You have begun a good work in me. I thank You for conforming me to the image of Christ, and I thank You because You enable me to be able to do that which is pleasing to You. Continue to have Your way in me and may the power and strength of Christ pitch a tent over me and be my strength in every weakness in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts