A willing sacrifice

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“And the Lord said to Moses, Speak to the Israelites, that they take for Me an offering. From every man who gives it willingly and ungrudgingly with his heart you shall take My offering.” Exodus 25v1-2 (AMP)

Our Lord God will have us give to Him cheerfully, willingly, and ungrudgingly. That is, He does not force you to give Him anything. Indeed, God does not need anything from us. On the contrary, all that we have comes from Him, and it is because of Him that we have been created. But when we give, the law of sowing and reaping comes into play, and we are the recipients of the blessings of giving. In Philippians 4v15-20 (TLB) Paul writes “As you well know, when I first brought the Gospel to you and then went on my way, leaving Macedonia, only you Philippians became my partners in giving and receiving. No other church did this. Even when I was over in Thessalonica you sent help twice. But though I appreciate your gifts, what makes me happiest is the well-earned reward you will have because of your kindness. At the moment I have all I need – more than I need! I am generously supplied with the gifts you sent me when Epaphroditus came. They are a sweet-smelling sacrifice that pleases God well. And it is He who will supply all your needs from His riches in glory because of what Christ Jesus has done for us. Now unto God our Father be glory forever and ever. Amen. Sincerely, Paul” One might ask, so who and when do I give? Well, Galatians 6v10 (AMP) says “So then, as occasion and opportunity open up to us, let us do good [morally] to all people [not only being useful or profitable to them, but also doing what is for their spiritual good and advantage]. Be mindful to be a blessing, especially to those of the household of faith [those who belong to God’s family with you, the believers].” Remember you can be a blessing in different ways – could be through material gifts, but also of our time, treasure, and talents. You might have the necessary connection that another needs.

Supplementary Text
“Give, and [gifts] will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will they pour into [the pouch formed by] the bosom [of your robe and used as a bag]. For with the measure you deal out [with the measure you use when you confer benefits on others], it will be measured back to you.” Luke 6v38 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. Grant me the grace to give, and to give cheerfully in Jesus name, amen.

www.beeencouraged.blogspot.com


Comments

Popular Posts