Switch gears

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Sometimes in the life of a believer, we go through troubled times. It might be on a personal level, or something to do with our family, community or nation. Our plight might be described as that of the Psalmist:

Primary Text
“I cried out to God for help; I cried out to God to hear me. When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands, and I would not be comforted. I remembered You, God, and I groaned; I meditated and my spirit grew faint. You kept my eyes from closing; I was too troubled to speak. I thought about the former days, the years of long ago; I remembered my songs in the night. My heart meditated and my spirit asked: “Will the Lord reject forever? Will He never show His favor again? Has His unfailing love vanished forever? Has His promise failed for all time? Has God forgotten to be merciful? Has He in anger withheld His compassion?”

In troubling and trying times, we might begin to have questions about God’s love for us in this present time, His mercy and compassion. However, while we might have all these questions bombarding our hearts at a point, I will encourage us to switch gears and begin to remember. The Psalmist did the same as we see below. Remember His goodness to you in time past, His faithfulness, His promises and His Word. Begin to praise and to worship Him for who He is. Be thankful unto Him for all He has done. Switch gears about what you muse upon and what you meditate on; switch gears to think on things that are true, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous and praise worthy (Phil 4v8). Switch gears and move from reflecting on the situation to His faithfulness.

Supplementary Text
“Then I thought, “To this I will appeal: the years when the Most High stretched out His right hand. I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember Your miracles of long ago. I will consider all Your works and meditate on all Your mighty deeds.” Your ways, God, are holy.  What god is as great as our God? You are the God who performs miracles; You display Your power among the peoples.” Psalm 77v10-14 (NIV)

Prayer
Father, mighty God, I thank You; all Your works I will consider and all Your mighty deeds I will meditate upon in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts