In God the Father – holy and blameless (3)

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Even as [in His love] He chose us [actually picked us out for Himself as His own] in Christ before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy (consecrated and set apart for Him) and blameless in His sight, even above reproach, before Him in love.” Ephesians 1v4 (AMP)

We thank God and bless His holy name for loving us, choosing us, and separating us to be His. We find that by accepting God’s plan of salvation through Christ Jesus, Jesus is made our Righteousness, Consecration and Redemption and before God we become pure and holy. After we become born again, we begin a walk with God; a walk that involves us seeking to know Him more, please Him and Him working in our lives, and enabling/empowering us to please Him. Philippians 2v12-13 (AMP) for example says “Therefore, my dear ones, as you have always obeyed [my suggestions], so now, not only [with the enthusiasm you would show] in my presence but much more because I am absent, work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ). [Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight.” So dearly beloved of God, called to be holy and blameless in His sight, while on the one hand we present our bodies to Him as a pleasing sacrifice, holy and acceptable unto Him, God also empowers us, giving us His Spirit to help us to live a holy life.

Supplementary Text
“That’s why those who are still under the control of their old sinful selves, bent on following their old evil desires, can never please God. But you are not like that. You are controlled by your new nature if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that if anyone doesn’t have the Spirit of Christ living in him, he is not a Christian at all.)” Romans 8v8-9 (TLB)

Prayer

My Father and my God, I thank You for calling me to be Yours. I thank You for Your Holy Spirit in me helping me to please You. Holy Spirit of God I yield to You this day. Please lead, guide, control and have Your way in me everyday in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts