In His Ears (2)

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“In the beginning was the Word …” John 1v1 (KJV)

Indeed the words that we speak are very powerful, reflecting either faith or unbelief. And it is very important that we pay attention to what we say for they are either life-giving or bring death. We saw earlier the case of the children of Israel who after the 10 of the spies brought an evil report began to wail and murmur saying it would have been better for them to Numbers 12v26-30 (NIV) records the LORD’s reaction: “The LORD said to Moses and Aaron: “How long will this wicked community grumble against Me? I have heard the complaints of these grumbling Israelites. So tell them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the LORD, I will do to you the very thing I heard you say: In this wilderness your bodies will fall – every one of you twenty years of old or more who was counted in the census and who has grumbled against Me. Not one of you will enter the land I swore with uplifted hand to make your home, except Caleb son of Jephunneh and Joshua son of Nun.” On the other hand Romans 4v20-21 (ERV) tells us about Abraham saying “He never doubted that God would do what He promised. He never stopped believing. In fact, He grew stronger in His faith and just praised God. Abraham felt sure that God was able to do what He promised.” Abraham chose to give glory to God regardless of the fact that his situation looked hopeless. This could look something like this – Father, I glorify You and I thank You for Your promises. I know that what you have promised you are well able to perform. We see again the case of David who declared victory over Goliath before they even engaged in battle. I know in my life there are times like David I say the battle is the Lord’s. Basically acknowledging the awesomeness of God and His abilities regardless of what I may be seeing or feeling at that point in time. Beloved, what are you saying today in His ears? Please speak words of faith and reap the rewards.

Prayer

Father we thank You for Your Word which is true. We ask for mercy for words that we have spoken in ignorance, frustration, and unbelief that did not glorify You and were not life-giving. We cancel them in the name of Jesus. We pray for grace to fill our mouths with Your words in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts