The Potter's Hand

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Our relationship with God can be likened to clay in the hands of a potter.

Primary Text: Jeremiah 18v1-6
“THE WORD which came to Jeremiah from the Lord: Arise and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will cause you to hear My words. Then I went down to the potter’s house, and behold, he was working at the wheel. And the vessel that he was making from clay was spoiled in the hand of the potter; so he made it over, reworking it into another vessel as it seemed good to the potter to make it. Then the word of the Lord came to me: O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does? says the Lord. Behold, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel.” Jeremiah 18v1-6 (AMP)

The Lord is our Potter, if we allow Him to be. In this illustration, what the potter was doing became spoiled in his hand, and so the potter made it over, as seemed good to it. In our lives, at various times, we may feel like things are spoiled, they have not turned out well. But God is saying, can I not be like that potter to you, and rework you as seems good to Me? Would you allow me to step in and make things good for your life? Jacob is someone who might have felt like things were spoiled in his life at a time. Looking at things in the physical, things didn’t look so great for him. He had to “run” away to his uncle Laban’s place, because his brother Esau was upset with him, and spoke of killing him, because he had managed to get both his brother’s birthright, as well as blessings. But God met with him, appearing to him in Bethel, and speaking into his life. God had great plans for his life (see Genesis 28). Won’t you open up to the Lord and let Him change and rework your life as seems good to Him?  Jesus says:

Supplementary Text:
“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me.” Revelations 3v20 (KJV).

Prayer

Father, I thank You for Your Word and I ask that anything that is spoiled in my life, my destiny, Your plans for my life, that You will remake as seems good to You in Jesus name, amen. Please be the Potter of my life, now and forevermore in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts