The God Chasers

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“O God, Thou art my God; early will I seek Thee: my soul thirsteth for Thee, my flesh longeth for Thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; … My soul followeth hard after Thee: Thy right hand upholdeth me.” Psalm 63v1&8 (KJV)

“O God, my God! How I search for You! How I thirst for You in this parched and weary land where there is no water. How I long to find You! … I follow close behind You, protected by Your strong right arm.” Psalm 63v1&8 (TLB)

How many of us can genuinely say that this is our cry - that we are thirsting and longing for God? Not for His hand, benefits, but really want to know God. There is a book by Tommy Tenney called the God Chasers. These are people who are interested not in just what God has done, but what He is doing now; they are people who want to know God. They are discontented with just knowing about God, but truly want to know Him for themselves. And the great thing is that God wants to reveal Himself to us, He wants to come to us, if only we would draw ourselves to Him. The presence of God with a man makes all the difference in the world. When God Himself wants to assure His people of victory and put their hearts at rest, He tells them He will be with them. Thus He said to Moses in Exodus 33 and mentioned in Isaiah 40v10 saying fear not, for I am with Thee. Let us begin to cry out to God that we want a hunger and a thirst for Him, that we want Him above all else. That we are tired of doing things our way and doing things for Him that look good on paper but are not producing any results. That we want Him above all else, for Him to have His way in us and through us.

Prayer
Father, indeed that is the desire of our hearts. We want You. We seek for You, we hunger and thirst for You to come. We want Your presence to be with us. O God Almighty, come and let Your presence be with us. We want to have an intimate fellowship with Your Spirit. We want to know You Lord, You are our chief and greatest hunger and priority in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts