The God Chasers (2)

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“O God, Thou art my God; early will I seek Thee: my soul thirsteth for Thee, my flesh longeth for Thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; … My soul followeth hard after Thee: Thy right hand upholdeth me.” Psalm 63v1&8 (KJV)

“O God, my God! How I search for You! How I thirst for You in this parched and weary land where there is no water. How I long to find You! … I follow close behind You, protected by Your strong right arm.” Psalm 63v1&8 (TLB)

Beloved, what sort of relationship do you have with the Lord or are you content with having with Him? Now, if we look at relationships in general, we have those who are estranged from each other – know of the existence of one another, but barely talk to each other …except maybe on holidays like Christmas and Easter. You have others that are fair weather friends – I am your friend if everything is going well with you and with me; if the storms come, hasta la later – they are not to be found. As I read somewhere, God has always sought brides, those who are committed. He is not looking for girl friends, or long distance relationships. God desires intimacy with us, people who are seeking for Him, looking for His face, people who want Him. Of David, it was said, “And when He had removed him (that is Saul), He raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also He gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after Mine own heart, which shall fulfill all My will” (Acts 13v22, KJV). Psalm 27v8 (KJV) says “When Thou saidst, Seek ye My face; my heart said unto Thee, Thy face Lord will I seek.” What is your response to God’s question of seek ye My face? How then do we get intimate with a person – get to know them. Desire to know them. Be concerned about where they are and what they are doing. It’s the same with God – seek after Him, pursue Him, let Him be your chief and greatest hunger, talk to Him, fellowship with Him, don’t be estranged from Him – be committed to Him.

Prayer
Father we thank You for Your Word. Lord, we want to know You more. We desire an intimate relationship with You. We are discontented with the status quo. We want more of You. Help us O God in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts