Believing and Trusting

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Dealing with anxious thoughts requires that we pray and believe in God. Philippians 4v6-7 (The Living Bible) says “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don’t forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.” Beloved, are you having anxious thoughts – you need to pray. It doesn’t matter how little or insignificant the trouble seems. You need to learn to bring it all to the Lord. Sometimes when I feel really overwhelmed, I get to the point of writing it all down on paper and saying Lord, I am giving all of this to you. It is interesting going back and seeing how God sorted the various issues out.

After we pray, we also need to trust and rely on God that He has things in control, and take Him at His Word. Mark 11v24 (Classic Amplified Version) says “For this reason I am telling you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident) that it is granted to you, and you will [get it].” When we pray, we need to have the confident assurance that God is in control and to take Him for His Word. For example, you are going through a situation that is bringing you fear, and you pray about the root of the fear and anxiety, and tell God what you desire. You recall that Isaiah 41v10 (The Living Bible) says “Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.” Afterwards, our approach should believe that we have received what we have prayed for and we will have it.

Isaiah 26v3-4 (King James Version) tells us that “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength:” Beloved, let us keep our mind stayed on God, being quick to bring everything and anything to His attention, for His approval and guidance, because we trust in Him. Then we will experience His peace that passeth all understanding.

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. Thank You for You are dependable and trustworthy. Father, reveal Yourself to me in a new way, let me know You more, love You more and trust You more in Jesus name, amen. Let me experience practically the love of Christ and be a conduit of that love in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts