Unhurried time

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Today, I would like to share on something which a brother coined “unhurried time”. Many of you have been in a situation where you are in a relationship and you talk to the person for a looooong time. People around you wonder what are you talking about that is taking so long, you and the other person do not realize how much time you have spent or how much money has gone on the phone credit. But you enjoy spending time with one another. You are unhurried. The time isn’t structured in any particular way, one thing flows into the other.

Many of us are familiar with concepts of quiet time, taking time out to spend with God e.t.c. But how does the structure of that time look? Maybe yours is fixed, 35 minutes tops, as you have to go to work. Maybe yours has a specific routine, 5 mins for praise and worship, followed by the devotional and then a short prayer.


Proverbs 8v34 (The New International Version) says “Blessed are those who listen to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway.” The unhurried time is basically saying, Lord I am here to meet with you, but I am going to wait on You, I am going to tarry in Your presence, I am going to dig deep from what You have in store for me. It’s a time apart with God, with the lover of our souls, where we are not rushed or we are not hurried. It may mean giving up some sleep but we see it first as an expression of our love for God (we want to spend time with Him), and two as a necessity (we need to draw strength from God). Thank God that He seeks to spend time with us. Thank God that He seeks to relate with us. Oh, that we would really enjoy His presence and learn from Him and dig deep and be intimate with Him in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts